Sunday, December 12, 2010

On Accomplishment

The paper is finished. If you want to know something about Eisenhower and how he handled nuclear weapons, you just ask me, and I'll probably tell you more about it than you ever wanted to know, with footnotes. However, I have to say, writing a 25 page (and one paragraph) paper does give you a sense of accomplishment. Especially since I did most of the work with a broken arm. That's right. Granted, there wasn't a lot of heavy physical lifting involved, but that's beside the point. You try concentrating on the Foreign Relations of the United States series when your arm hurts really bad.

In other news, I went to the last class of my undergraduate career on Thursday. That also gives something of a sense of accomplishment, though since all I did in that class was walk on an elliptical trainer for 35 minutes, that sense was slightly diminished. However, it feels good that I don't have to worry about too many more things like tests and homework and the like. At least, not my own homework. The fact that I'm going into teaching means that those things are going to be my life, but at least I will be making it up and grading it, not doing it. However, the disconcerting thing is that I don't have my student teaching placement yet, which is confusing. I did my application in an awesome way, and even had an amazing picture of me in it. I mean, there was no way they could have said no to that picture. However, I went to the education office on Wednesday and asked if I was stupid and was looking in the wrong place, and they said, "No, the placements just aren't up yet." And, I just checked, and they're not up. Thanks a lot, education office. You're just wads of help.

Anyway, that's all I have to say at the moment. I feel like I complained a lot in this post. Have I mentioned that I'm awesome? Because that's true. That is all. Captain Danger out.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wonder about BYU and their ability to communicate to their students about things.

    That is all.
    I like Ike (still).

    ReplyDelete