Thursday, February 19, 2009

Awesomeness

On the left, we have the picture that is going to be above my desk when I'm a teacher someday. It is my very firm opinion that everyone should understand just why this is so awesome, because, obviously, if they don't, they can't enter my office.

Why is it so awesome? For a lot of reasons. For one, though the picture doesn't give a reason for this very muscular man to be fighting that shark and falling through the air, I'm sure it's a very good reason. He's probably protecting a damsel in distress from that shark, something that I've always dreamed of doing. In fact, I would venture to guess that most true men have delusions of grandeur about putting themselves in grave danger to protect a beautiful woman, thus winning fair woman's heart.

Second, there is something absolutely amazing about having the strength to ward off a shark. I like to think that if I were confronted by a shark on a cliff, I would have the strength to fight it off with a bear hug, notwithstanding the spikes that their skin is supposedly studded with. Then, falling through the air while grappling with said shark, skin spikes and all, would be even more awesome, knowing that the battle would only intensify when we (the shark and I) hit the water below. I'm sure that I would be forced to rip him to pieces and burn them, like in Twilight (look at 3:15).

Third, those clothes are awesome. Period.

Finally, the simple fact that it's a drawing of a powerful man grappling with a shark and falling through the air makes it intrinsically awesome. The only thing that takes away from it is the pink background, but I'm afraid that can't be helped. Well, there you have it. A less-frequent than daily dose of danger that is actually dangerous.

1 comment: