Sunday, December 18, 2011

On Blogging

I begin this post by pointing out that it is the 100th time I have posted something on this blog. When I realized that, I decided that it merited some reflection. Thus, I do hereby begin reflecting on my experience blogging (thus far, don't worry, I'm not quitting) and also perhaps on some things that have changed in my life since I started this blog back in February of 2009.

First of all, that was a long time ago! I still remember my first post like it was yesterday. The title: "And So It Begins" prefaced a post in which I explained why a picture of a My Little Pony Glue Factory playset was amazing. I still hold that it's pretty amazing. I have to say that I've come a long way since then. I've gone from finding funny things on the Internet and explaining why they're cool (which, I mean, I do enjoy sharing my opinion, but how far can I go with that?) to talking ambiguously about my life and things that are happening to me and sharing my thoughts on them, as well as doing the usual analysis of pictures and the like. Actually, now I think about it, I'm not sure why people read my blog. It's kind of a waste of time. (Once again, don't worry, I'm not quitting.)

Anyway, over the past almost three years I've changed a bit. It's crazy to think that in February of 2009 the only time I had ever heard about canyoneering was when I read about it in National Geographic, and now I pretty much live canyoneering. Every time I get money or spend money, I measure the amount in the amount of canyoneering gear I could buy with it. Like, "I'm dropping 240 dollars for rent. I could totally buy a 200 foot rope with this!" I have moved twice from a house that I once swore that I would live in until I got married or graduated, whichever came last. I did graduate, though I haven't gotten married, and overall I'm pretty sure that I've become more awesome, powerful and dangerous over the years, if that were possible.

I have to admit, I think that pinnacle of my blogging career happened a few days ago, when I sat down and wrote a story (that, when copied and pasted into word, amounted to almost eight full pages and almost 4000 words) that still kind of blows my mind. I'm hoping to possibly drop more of the same on my audience in the future, and maybe next time I'll have it a little more polished. We'll see.

At any rate, I think that's enough reflection. I mean, who really wants to read reflection anyway. I forgot to point out that I've developed habits in my posting over the years. One of which is to have every title be "On ______________." I'm not sure why I like that, but I do. The other habit I've developed is to finish every post with a picture of me. I do this because I'm narcissistic, and also because it's my blog, I can do what I want with it! However, as this is a special post, I'll do something different. I'll finish off this post with an amazing video of me! I know, I just blew your minds. Here it is:



This is Captain Danger out.

No comments:

Post a Comment