Friday, September 23, 2011

On Mountains

So, a couple of days ago I was driving up to the temple (as is my wont) and I looked up at Y Mountain and had a process. It went something like this: "Oh, look. There's Y Mountain. The leaves are starting to change colors, that's pleasant. Wait a minute! I haven't even been into the mountains this summer! I need to do something! Tomorrow's my day off! I'm going to there!" Thus, I made the decision to hike to the summit of Y Mountain yesterday. I intended to go by myself initially, but when a friend asked if she could come too, I went ahead and let her, and was glad for the company.

This isn't what the mountain looked like yesterday.

So, the story of the decision being made having been told, can I just say that I had forgotten how much I love the mountains? Sure it takes work getting up there, but once up, I love the feel of being in the mountains. The wind just feels nicer up there, and the chill that lets you know you're up higher than you usually are is all sorts of pleasant. Granted, I do realize that this was just Y Mountain and not very impressive, but it's made me realize that I need to do more with myself on my days off. There are a couple more hikes I'd like to do before winter hits, and I plan to do them. That being said, I don't have much else to say. Here's an awesome picture of me:


This is Captain Danger out.

3 comments:

  1. The thing I miss most about Utah besides the people I love are the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountains are probably Provo's most redeeming quality. (And I can say that, cuz I'm a local!)

    ReplyDelete